4-H Record Books
Keeping records is a valuable life skill.
Each year, members should have:
- One "MY 4-H Year" (green form)
- One "Non-Animal Project Journal" (blue forms) for each non-animal project that they are taking
- One "Animal Project Journal" (orange forms) for each animal project they are taking
- If taking a breeding project, be sure the Production Record is included.
If you have any questions regarding Record Book completion please contact your club leader or the Extension office.
Record Book Forms
There are two versions of our record book forms available to download. Please select the one that works best for you.
The .pdf fillable forms below are interactive Adobe PDF files.
They can be saved to your computer for electronic use throughout the year
You can type your record book information right into them.
YOU MUST save each file to your computer to use form functions.
If you choose to save any of the files for electronic use, you must have version 10 or higher of Adobe Reader. To download the latest version of Adobe Reader click here
- My 4-H Year (Printable form) (fillable form)
- This form helps you summarize your yearly projects, goals, participation, presentations, activities, and more. You will only fill out ONE of these forms for each year you are enrolled in 4-H. Then you will include a project journal for each of the projects you are enrolled in during the 4-H year.
- Non-Animal Journal (Printable) (fillable form)
- This form will help you keep track of your non-animal project- the goals and activities, as well as assist you in financial record keeping. You will fill out this form for every non-animal project you are enrolled in after the May 1st Add/Drop Deadline.
- Animal Journal (Printable) (fillable form)
- This form will help you keep track of your animal project- the goals, activities, growth records, and feed sheets, as well as assist you in financial record keeping. You will fill out this form for every non-animal project you are enrolled in after the May 1st Add/Drop Deadline.
- Production Record-for Breeding Projects ONLY- (Printable) (fillable form)
- this was originally the last page of the Animal Journal- and is only required for those who had a Breeding project.
- Activities Page (Printable)
- If using our forms (above), this page is already included; however, if you are using forms from the state website, you need to include this page as well. You must complete at least 7 activities from your project book each year, and this page is where you keep track of that information.
- Gold Seal of Completion sample form (Printable)
- This is the sheet used to look over Record Books to decide if they are complete or not. You may use this sheet to make sure you have all the criteria for a COMPLETED 4-H Record Book.
- Cloverbud Record Book Forms (Printable)
- These are the forms that the Cloverbuds should be filling out. They go along with the Cloverbud curriculum. If your child wasn't using the Cloverbud curriculum include a list of activities they did complete.